FREE Supervisor Workshops - Training Services NSW
FREE SUPERVISOR WORKSHOPS
Please be advised Training Services NSW are holding a series of workshops in July and August to support supervisors of trainees and apprentices.
These workshops are highly beneficial for anyone whose role is to supervise and support apprentices and traineeships.
There has been many changes to the Apprenticeship and Traineeship ACT 2001, including enforcing penalty notices or prohibiting employers who are breaching the ACT and the Training Contract.
It is important as an employer and/or supervisor you understand your responsibilities and obligations.
Workshops are being held in a number of regional and metropolitan locations.
If you are interested, then further information is available on the TSNSW website here:
CHANGES TO THE APPRENTICESHIP AND TRAINEESHIP ACT 2001 - Brief Summary:
- Prohibited employers - Improved provisions
- Penalty Notices -“on-the-spot” fines introduced for breaching the ACT
- No more Craft Certificates and Certificates of Completion (for practical training)
- Must complete relevant qualification with the Registered Training Organisation (RTO)(e.g. TAFE)
- Only the Certificate of Proficiency to be issued upon successful completion
- Trainee apprenticeships - abolished
- Training Plans - Stronger requirements for consultation and employers to have information on progress
- Trade Recognition - New processes
- Vocational Training Review Panel - abolished
- RTO's accountable for training
For more information on the changes to the Apprenticeship and Traineeship Act 2001 click HERE