Boost Your Business Vouchers to support Victorian businesses
The vouchers will be available under four different streams: Advanced Victorian Manufacturing, Food Innovation, Social Enterprise Capability and Asia Gateway.
At a glance
- Up to $10,000 for early stage feasibility and testing
- Up to $50,000 for process innovation, product development and research and development
a) Be a business registered in Victoria with an Australian Business Number (ABN);
b) Meet any co-contribution requirements with eligible cash expenditure;
c) Be a legal entity;
d) Meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National
e) Have an operating presence in Victoria;
f) Employ between 20-200 staff or have an annual turnover of greater than $1.5 million (preference
h) Agree to participate in future program evaluation activity.
Applicants should refer to each program guidelines for specific program eligibility criteria.
The three overarching objectives of Boost Your Business Vouchers are to:
• Increase the number of Victorian businesses entering new export markets and securing supply chain opportunities;
• Increase the number of Victorian Businesses developing and commercialising new products and services through research and development and generating improved productivity through process innovation;
• Improve the capability of Victorian businesses to accelerate growth and realise new opportunities.
In the longer term, the Boost Your Business Vouchers will help grow the Victorian economy by supporting the following outcomes:
• Victorian businesses are inventive, responsive and diverse, with increased levels of business innovation and business diversification;
• Victoria creates and diffuses knowledge through research, collaboration and commercialisation, leading to increased R&D spending and economic return from research and innovation;
• Victoria is a desired source of exports and a destination for foreign investment;
• Victoria’s business environment is competitive and provides confidence, including through increased market access;
• Victorians are adaptive, knowledgeable and entrepreneurial, leading to increased knowledge and skills and extended entrepreneurship.
What you getVouchers are used by Victorian businesses or organisations in exchange for services that will build their capabilities in three main areas:
- Market Engagement – services to assist companies and organisations to identify and secure international market development and export opportunities.
- Innovation – services to assist companies to develop or commercialise new products and improve process innovation.
- Business Capability – services to assist companies to position them to support future growth.
Tips and hintsSMEs must obtain a quote from a Registered Service Provider. A list of Registered Service Providers for each voucher stream will be published in the week of Monday 15 January 2018.
How to applyApplications will be considered in rounds.
The first round will open on Monday 29 January 2018 and close on Friday 2 March 2018.
Asia Gateway Voucher StreamCloses in 71 days
The Asia Gateway Voucher Stream helps Victorian businesses and organisations develop the capabilities and connections they need to access and expand into Asian markets.View detailsQuickview
Social Enterprise Capability Voucher StreamCloses in 71 days
Supporting Victorian Social Enterprises to build and develop their business capabilitiesView detailsQuickview
Advanced Manfacturing Voucher StreamCloses in 71 days
The Advanced Manufacturing Voucher stream provides up to a total of $6 million available to help Victorian manufacturers innovate, build scale and grow export capability. Application are open from 29 Jan 2018, to 2 March 2018.View detailsQuickview